The other night when I was putting BFG to bed, she had raced to beat me to the bed and began talking about how much bigger she was getting, and how she’d be a grown up soon, and then she’d have to move out and I would miss her, etc. After her prayers and stories, she brought it up again and I told her she had better not grow up too soon and move out ‘cause I’ll be so sad and miss her so much.
BFG: Okay, I’ll just live here in this house then and you can move out.
Me: Well, that won’t help. I’ll still be sad and miss you. Can’t I just live here with you?
BFG: Well, the problem is there won’t be enough room with my man living here.
Me: Oh, your man will be here?
BFG: Yeah, and me and him will be sleeping downstairs and you can sleep with us, but there won’t be room for Daddy. Yeah, that’d be okay. You can sleep with me and my man, but in the middle. ‘Cause I’ll be the grown up and you’ll have sleep in the middle.
I’m so glad she’s got it all planned out.
BTW, it’s amazing how long one line on a TV show can last. I remember the line ‘cause she asked about it. This summer on So You Think You Can Dance, Twitch said he was so glad that in the performance that they did that Katie had finally gotten herself a man. Apparently, I did too good of job explaining it ‘cause ever since BFG has talked about her man and everything is man this, and man that, Ken is Barbie’s man, Cinderella has a man. She will even ask me about people we see on the street “Is that her man?” “Does she need a man?” Where’s her man?” etc.
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


1 comment:
Too cute! It's so funny and sweet of the ideas they get when they are little. And then the ideas progress as they grow. I remember having to gently explain that Prince couldn't marry me, and then I had to explain he couldn't marry his sister. Now he's worried about how hard it's going to be to find a good, Christian woman. LOL! One plan was to live with us until he was 30, so he could save up money to buy a house. I didn't discourage him. ;)
Post a Comment