Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween Banner



Like our banner? This is what happens after you've had surgery and you are trying not to do too much (in other words, letting masses of messiness pile up around you while you try not to look at it) and trying to entertain a 3 yr. old. I came up with this idea using some scrap fabric I had and my scrapbooking punches. I learned two things during this craft: 1) I am horrible at drawing jack-o-lantern faces. My little drop downs are double-sided so that's 12 faces. I'm only good for one--the triangle eyes and nose and toothy grin. 2) Try not to get so into the craft yourself that the child you are trying to entertain goes off in a huff saying, "I'm going to play by myself!" Defeated the purpose just a bit. And it made me feel bad. And I really needed help with all those jack-o-lantern faces! Oh, well. At least the banner turned out pretty cute.

Mama Said

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Girl...I just LOVE the fall banner for your fireplace! What a creative idea. I'm sure BFG loved decorating the house with you...my girls get such a kick out of decorating (which makes me soooo happy!). Well, here's to happy decorating!

Love ya,
Casi

 

Made by Lena