I finally just finished painting the dining area today. Now, this was a project I started on Sat. morning and thought I would finish on Sunday afternoon. Uh, wrong again. I do this with every stinkin' project I start. I am crazy! Or by this point, I've inhaled way too many paint fumes. I seriously wonder if my brain functionality has lessened since we moved into this ol' house. For example, Rhett and I were watching the special on PBS on President Reagen Monday night. They were showing clips from some kind of arms control rally or something.
Me: Wow! What does the people holding two fingers in the air mean?
Rhett: Peace.
Me: Oh, yeah.
Ya'll, I had totally forgotten what the peace sign was! I had been sitting there thinking about the Nixon sign (which I probably have that wrong too) and trying to figure out if just doing it with one hand was for Reagen or something.
Do you think our wedding vows covered him having to stay with me even if I become really stupid over the course of our marriage?Like through the smart times and the dumb times? Gee, I hope so!
So, not only has this paint job been loooong and killed brain cells, I fell off a chair and got hurt, too. Oh, come on. You knew something had to happen to me. Somehow as I was applying yet another coat on the trim by the ceiling, I stepped down backward and my foot coming down landed halfway on top of the paint can (Lid on. Praise the Lord!). I guess I had already started bringing down my other foot before my fume-altered brain cells could let me know the placement of the first foot was NOT going to work out. So, somehow I retracted my first foot back up in the air which threw my body sideways into the gas wall heater (Off. Again, praise the Lord!). In turn, this made me catch my entire body weight on the inner edge of my shin as my shin slid down the front of the grate of the heater. I did manage to keep hold of the cup of paint and paint brush on my way down which is a good thing. I just have a swollen, bruised shin that aches with every step and the jar of the fall has made every other bone and muscle in my body ache. Other than that I'm okay.
Seriously taking a break from painting for the month,
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment