Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Things Kids Say

Since this blog is a log of memories for me to look back on, I wanted to jot down a few things BFG has said lately that I think are cute and I know full well within a few weeks I will have completely forgotten them because my 2 functioning brain cells will have moved on to something else.

  • BFG said that when she is a grown up, she is going to have lots to buy at the grocery and is going to shop at the grocery all night long just like me. Hmmm . . . Note to self: Try to get home before bedtime when grocery shopping.
  • The three of us went out for pizza one night and were sitting in the booth and BFG looks up at me and says, "Is this a meet?" Me: "What? A meet?" BFG: "No . . . a date! Is this a date?" Me: "I guess it sort of is like a family date." She spent the rest of the time putting her arm around me and saying, "I'm just putting my arm around you because I love you."
  • BFG: "Mom, when I grow up and my hair turns brown, I can't like Cinderella anymore. I have to like Belle. Curly Sue (her cousin/BFF) told me." Me trying to assure her: "Honey, you know you can still like Cinderella when your hair is brown." BFG: "NO, Mom! That is your thoughts. Not my thoughts. I don't want your thoughts. It was Curly Sue's thoughts and she told it to me and now it's MY thoughts and I don't want your thoughts." Where the heck did this come from? I didn't even know she knew what a thought was.

Keeping my thoughts to myself,

Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena