Monday, October 20, 2008

Diagnosis

Hello to all! Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, e-mails, phone calls, etc! Obviously, I made it through the surgery. I do have endometriosis. It was growing on my ovaries and my doctor lasered it off or whatever they do. He told Rhett that statistically we should get pregnant in 4 to 6 months. But so far, we've not met any other statistic he's given us. So, we'll see. I just pray it happens before the endo grows back. And I have to say (Praise the Lord!) I am relieved to have a diagnosis. I guess that sounds ridiculous and I know deep down that the doctor finding nothing would have been preferable. But having a diagnosis after 2 yrs and 9 months of struggle gives me more understanding. Like, "Oh, this is why we've been infertile." It's easier to deal with then going through rounds and rounds of tests and them finding nothing. And I know disease exists because sin exists so it just makes it easier to swallow for some reason.

For those of you who might go through this sometime, I have three incisions. One of them is right in my belly button. It creeps me out. Another is very low, which they gave me a shave while I was out. Now, that's embarrassing. I really hope it was a female nurse and did everyone just stand around and watch or what? Did they make comments about how ugly my stretch marks looked after they blew up my belly with gas? Heck, did I pass gas while knocked out? And I can't even say, Oh, I'll never see them again because it was the exact same place I had surgery last year for something else and I definitely had one nurse remember me from that. Anyway, the absolute worst part was that gas they blow you up with. I guess it floats around to other parts of your body and can cause "mild to moderate pain." Ha! Every time I stood or sat up, all the gas floated up to my right shoulder and it was mind-blinding, crushing, drop-to-the-floor pain and that was while taking Mepergan. Luckily, you can relieve the pain by laying flat on your back. So, I did that. For two days. But now I can get up and I'm just a little achy and sore in the abdomen area and I'm having a grand ol' time on my pain pills. But ol' BFG is back home so I've got to go straight again.

Off to pop my pill,
Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena