
Aaaah . . . BFG's blue room finally! She picked the paint color. It just had to be Cinderella-blue. The actual name of the paint color is Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Blue. Isn't that so cute? And it was the perfect color. Maybe BFG has somehow inherited a decorating-gene that's missing from my DNA. LOL! I'm not totally finished with the nick-knacks and stuff. But I waiting to get some shelves out of storage. Check out the porcelain dolls on her chest-of-drawers. Are they creepy or what? They are all gifts from my parents . . . well, we'll just say--They're there and leave it at that.
One of my favorite things is how BFG's closet turned out. It has no door, but has that awesome cut-out wood at the top. Hey, in the 100+ yr old house, we're just grateful she has a closet at all. I found a shower curtain that just makes the perfect door and I painted her name "Princess ******" and a crown over the top. Totally easy to do. I found the font I wanted on the computer, printed it out huge, rubbed pencil all over the back, placed the paper, and drew over the letter which left a pencil imprint on the wall. It works like a transfer. Then I painted on top with acrylic paint and outlined it with a silver paint pen.
The wall clings and wall-cling border were the biggest hit for BFG. I found the big set of wall clings clearanced out a Target a long time ago for like $5 at the most, which is a steal if you've ever priced these things. I found the border at a friend's yard sale for $2.50.
Here's her dress up area that I was oh-so-proud of until she actually started using it and now it's a big messy heap. But still very functional. I'm gonna get a full length mirror for the back of her door, which will make this even more fun.
The beauty of an old, old house are all the nooks and crannies. This space behind the door was perfect for the highly functional, yet unpleasant-to-look-at milk crates. You don't even notice them when you walk into her room.
This room just makes me happy!
Mama Said


2 comments:
Hey Girl,
I just LOVE BFG's bedroom! You did such a wonderful job! I can't wait to see it in person.
Love ya,
Casi
It's beautiful! I've seen it in person, and it's great! I'm jealous!
Love,
Jac
Post a Comment