Now, no one else may think this is funny. But I just laughed and laughed. My parents are retired. They are only like 57 or something, but they act like they are 80. Now, when my mom retired, my dad promised her that he would buy all the groceries. And he is buying groceries, but he doesn't buy any staples for her pantry so there is nothing for her to put together a meal. They do have a freezer full of beef from buying a cow, but my dad is having problems with his jaw so he can't chew any of it and won't let my mom fix it. Oh, FYI, my dad has the money to buy the groceries. So, it's not like they are poor and starving.
So, last night, I'm talking to my mom on the phone and she is just griping away about all of the above and that her health is so bad she can't go to the grocery herself. She said that it has gotten so bad (meaning they are so low on food) that for dinner my dad fixed Ramen noodles with hot dogs cut up in it. My mom: "I just told him, 'You can have the whole entree; I'll eat a bag of popcorn!' " That just got me so tickled! My dad is like a bakery/deli snob. He'll buy $4-5 loaf of bread from Publix bakery and only eat on it for one day before he deems it stale. But he's eating Ramen noodles with cut-up hot dogs!!! Plus, he keeps buying Rotel tomatoes. My mom said she has a whole shelf in her pantry filled with Rotel tomatoes and nothing she cooks calls for them. Except of course for Rotel dip which she used to make once a year five years ago! (They stopped hosting the event she used to make it for.) Isn't that a riot?
It's so ridiculous that I don't know who I feel sorry for more. So, I just have to laugh about it.
Getting my laughs and giggles,
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


1 comment:
How about rotel chicken (or beef...) casserole, like this one:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1639,159189-229196,00.html
Or add to chili in place of canned tomatoes.
Or pour a can over a pan of meat-and-cheese filled tortillas, for inexpensive "enchiladas".
Or substitute in just about any recipe that calls for salsa.
Post a Comment