Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What a Mess!

Can you believe this mess? We hired some guy to cut down this tree that was hanging over our house and power lines. We got a good deal 'cause we agreed to haul it off ourselves. But the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw this told me that Rhett and I didn't think this through. And the bad part of the deal is they didn't cut it up small enough for us to haul off. The guy told Rhett "Well, we figured you'd tie a rope up to your truck and pull 'em off." What???? We don't know how to do that. It doesn't even make sense to me to drive it off one piece at a time? What the heck? This is going to take a loooong time to clean up. My niece and nephew helped me haul off some of the limbs and branches yesterday. We hauled off 4 truck loads in three hours and it doesn't even look like it made a dent in it. Rhett and I are insane! We've made too many decisions on this house without thinking it through and asking enough questions. Aaaaaagh!

The living room floor is down though. We had to hire someone to finish that. It looks good, but Rhett was a little concerned when he got home and saw that the guy had only used a bottle and a half of glue. After the guy was done, he told Rhett that he had never glued a floor down before. Uh, are you kidding me? Ya' think you could have mentioned that before. So, our floor will probably fall apart in a matter of time.

I had one embarrassing moment with the floor guy. He had to sand some of the original floor and needed to sweep up. He asked me for my broom. That's right, folks. My broom is gone. I have no idea where it is. So, he's standing there waiting and I'm running all over the house, up and down stairs trying to find my broom. I never found it. Still haven't found it. The floor guy said, "I'm sorry. I should have brought one." Me: "Uh, no, I should have a broom!"and mumbled off some lame excuse of how we have so many projects going on and Rhett must have used it and not put it back. But I know in my heart that at that moment, the floor guy voted me the world's worst housekeeper. Oh, well. A vacuum does better anyway.


No comments:

 

Made by Lena