Sycamore Stirrings gave the challenge of a Rainbow Theme for Muffin Tin Monday today. I love the idea of the theme, but I have to admit that once again I was scrambling. You know, that should really be the name of my blog: Scrambling! I think that's all I do like right now I have somehow lost my carefully planned out menus and I have absolutely no idea what I am supposed to fix for dinner tonight. And it's Rhett's birthday and I have no idea if I planned on the menu for something special or not. Not like it's really going to make a difference when I find it 'cause I can't get to my freezer 'cause someone still hasn't put all our stuff back from having the windows put in on Thursday and there's about 3 ft. of stuff piled on my freezer. Whew! Can you tell I'm having a rough day? Back to the muffin tin, here's what is in it from the top: Yogo bites (blue), Barbie princess cereal (pink), Barbie princess cereal (purple), pickles (green), chocolate animal crackers (brown), banana (yellow), cherries (red), sour cream (white), peaches (orange), BLUEberry bagel, strawberry jelly (red), shredded cheddar cheese (orange). It was pretty fun. BFG got into it trying to think of different colored foods and while eating each color she pointed to things in the house that "matched" in color. You can see I also gave her a spoon in every color to add to the theme and I put a drop of yellow and blue food coloring in her milk for her to mix up and have green milk. I wanted her to fix purple milk, but green won.
For those of you with little ones, a great activity to help teach colors is to let your child sort by color in the muffin tin using Fruit Loops, M&M's, or Skittles. Then, make them tell you the color before they can eat it. Works fabulously.
Off to sort out my day,
Mama Said


1 comment:
Looks great! :)
Post a Comment