I learned something about myself while Rhett was off last week. I am totally addicted to my S.H.E. (Sidetracked Home Executive) cards! I wasn't able to do them last week. I tried. Oh how I tried that first day. But my need to see the living room complete trumped the cards. So, last week, I was an absolute mess. Everything was out of sorts and out of order. I thought I was going to go insane! I was completely lost and couldn't keep up with anything. This Monday was a good day because I got to get back on track with the cards. It was such a relief and I felt so much better! And so did Rhett. I think he was as happy as I was to have things back in order.
I totally believe in the cards. Now, I'm still not 100% on them as in doing all the monthly and seasonal stuff yet. But this is definitely the system for me. I have seen a change in myself. I am shifting from the haphazard out-of-control SAHM to a more calm and controlled SAHM. I can no longer just blindly walk through my kitchen with dishes piled up and overflowing. I have actually found myself putting the dishes in the dishwasher the moment I finish with them! Gasp! I know for you Born Organized folks that's a given. But for a S.H.E., this is a huge deal. The past couple of times I have been at my mom's, I literally jumped up and started cleaning up after we ate. I can't believe that either. I usually just laze around looking at the Sunday paper and saying to my sis, "We really should get in there and help Mama." If you knew how much I detest cleaning up my mom's kitchen, you would be even more impressed. I know everyone who eats there with us is related, but it just makes me sick to my stomach to have to touch the partially eaten food on the plates. It's made me sick ever since I was little. I don't have a problem with it at my house even when non-related people eat with us. Oh, well. Just one more way I'm weird and crazy. I know Freud would have a field day with me. LOL!
Anyway, point is: S.H.E. cards good. Me like.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment