Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Mixer, My Friend

Yes, yes, yes! My Kitchen Aid mixer is finally out of storage!!! (Picture me standing on a chair pumping both fists in the air.) I am so excited! This has been one of the things I have missed the most. Hate to sound like a mixer-snob, but a dinky little hand mixer just doesn't cut it. Anyone who does not have a big ol' mamma-jamma Kitchen Aid mixer is missing out. I'm telling ya' this baby is worth scrimping and saving up for.
Aaaaaah! My mixer! How I do love thee! We go way back. I was blessed to have received this as a gift when I was 20. So, for my whole adult-out-on-my-own life, I have gotten to use this for all my mixing needs. (Well, except for those few things in which a hand mixer is superior like 7 Minute Frosting.) Isn't she beautiful? That steel grey has blended in beautifully with the decor in at least 5 different homes in the past 10 years. Wait! Oh my gosh! I have had this thing for 10 years! How twiddle-aged is that? Next thing you know, I'll be like my mom and talking about towels I've had for 30 years. Yikes!
But, anyway, 10 years is a long time for an appliance to last and I've had no problems at all from it. (Knock on wood.) And they are made in the USA. Ya'll know how important that is to me. And I think if Kitchen Aid should ever see this post, they should pay me, don't ya'll? Of course, why I am basically writing a commercial is beyond me. I guess I think every woman should have one. It really makes cooking esp. baking so much easier.
The only down side is I worry a little about BFG sticking her hands down in it while it's running 'cause it is so powerful. But I scare her off with a story about my sister getting her hands caught in the beaters once. Every time I use it I say, "Remember what happened to your aunt?" and BFG's eyes get huge and she recites the story and the no touching-the-mixer rule back to me. I really get a jolly off of it every time. I'm so bad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soOo jealous! I have NEVER had a mixer like that..just my cheap handheld one. Maybe one day?! I'm so happy you have yours back in your kitchen--get to mixing girl!

Growing Hearts said...

I had no idea you were scaring BFG with the tale of the Hand and The Mixer! Or should I say, MY Hand and MY Mixer? LOL! I had totally forgotten about that. Isn't that funny that I've never told my kids about it, and it happened to me. But you tell your DD all the time?

Yep, in case anyone out there has ever wondered - YES, your hand CAN get caught in the mixer!!!

Melissa said...

You guys crack me up! Some day I'll have to hear the details of the "Hand vs Mixer" story.

Love, Mel

Sheyb said...

I want your Kitchen-aid! I have a white one but would love the stainless steel one. ;)

 

Made by Lena