We are making some progress this week! Yay! Rhett has been off from work. I'm sure you noticed that I was unable to reside in cyberworld this week. It was work, work, work! But I didn't mind 'cause I'm deliriously happy that I may have a living room again in a matter of a couple of weeks! We got everything painted and Rhett is getting the floor laid a little at a time. I never dreamed the floor would be that slow to put down. But hopefully, it will be put down right. I'm a little nervous 'cause I think the kind of floor we got is supposed to be glued down directly to the floor. But there was no way we were going to glue it down the the original plank floors! And we had bought our hardwood at a salvage place months ago and can't return it. So, we'll see how it lasts the way we are putting it in.The pic is BFG's contribution to the painting project. She had so much fun! The two big people on the left are her and Rhett. I don't know if you can tell where I am. I am a tiny little person down below the big blob. I truly think that this was a matter of running out of room to paint and not like the child psychologists say that children draw the most important things the biggest. I mean I hope so. It better be. Not that I think I should be bigger than Rhett. Just even us up a little, would ya', BFG? I'm just kidding. She actually said she ran out of room and had to make me smaller. But I got a laugh off of it and am rethinking everything I learned in college about child psychology. Gasp! Could it be that all these years that the kids actually just ran out of room on their paper? Wow! What a breakthrough! There isn't some grand secret meaning into all their drawings! Ha!
BTW, to all you Nesters out there, in case you've wondered--Tobacco Road IS the best paint color ever! I love it, love it, love it!
Tired, but happy,
Mama Said


No comments:
Post a Comment