I've been song tagged by Bella!
Here is the tag:
List 7 songs you are into right now. No matter what genre, whether they have words, or even if they are not any good, but they must be songs you are really into right now, shaping your summer.
Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs.Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to.
I tell you what, Bella, you got lucky this summer. Ordinarily all I listen to is talk radio. Well, sometimes I flip it over to contemporary Christian. But this summer I've been going back to my roots and really been digging some country music. Okay, blaring it and singing at the top of my lungs. I've had a few that have really spoke to me this summer. Now, ya'll, I am just terrible with song titles and the artists' names. Bear with me.
1. Every Other Weekend by Kenny Chesney and Reba---the first divorce on my mom's side of the family is occurring and one of my close friends is having some marital problems.
2. I Don't Even Know His Last Name by Carrie Underwood---yeah, it's moral content is horrible, but it gives me a laugh every time I hear it
3. You Should Have Seen It in Color by ???? (if anyone knows, tell me!)---Rhett's grandpa is a WWII vet and this song just speaks to my heart and makes me ache that we are at a point where our time left with our grandparents is very limited and that generation was like the golden generation to me. I have so much respect for them.
4. She's Somebody's Hero (?) by ????? (again, please let me know the artist, you music junkies)---Love it, love it, love it! Makes me think about how BFG looks up to me and I pray that I can be a wife and mother worthy of her wanting to care for me when I am elderly.
5. Indian Outlaw by ????---This song has been running through my head ever since I saw the snake. Like I can't get it out. It's taking on its own personality. I'm getting a little worried. Help!
6. Man of Conviction (?) by Toby Keith---Okay, I am crazy in love with anything by Toby Keith right now. I really liked him before, but me & Rhett watched his movie Broken Bridges a few weeks ago and now I am totally into him! He is just so cool!
7. A Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr.---Okay, there is something elemental about having moved out to the country. There's just something about having land and a gun that speaks to my core. Pioneer spirit maybe? Being an American traditionalist? I don't know. But I do know that when this song came on about a month ago, I literally cut Rhett off mid-sentence and sang it at the top of my lungs and followed the song up with a lecture to BFG about how country people really can survive. Yeah, you can say it . . . I think I'm cool living in the country. Of course, if it came down to it and I really had to survive living off the land, I'm sure I would be an absolute wreck and total dead weight.
Oh, I have no idea who to tag with this. So, I guess I'll just pass on that part. Hope it doesn't mess anything up.
Kickin' up my heels in the country,
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


6 comments:
Oh now I am kicking myself for not listing ANY country songs! I love country music, heck I love belly dancing music, I love it all :)
I love Garth Brooks and I love that one song, not sure if it is him or not...but that one, "I'm already there, take a look around, I'm the sunlight in your hair..." No, I don't think that is him...but I just love that song:)
My dh always puts on that Grand Old Opry show on Saturdays, lol. It's old fashioned, but they sure do have a ball performing, they make it fun:)
Thanks for playing along...oh and lay off the talk radio, haha ;)
She's Somebody's Hero by: Jamie O'Neal
You should have seen it in color - actually called "In Color" by Jamey Johnson. I actually typed the names of these songs into youtube.com and found them out for you. ;) I am a lurker. LOL.
Indian Outlaw by: Tim McGraw. :)
Thank you so much, Shea! What a sweetie for finding that for me! I really appreciate it. I hadn't even thought of youtube. I'm so behind the times. :)
Nice to meet you! Thanks for reading!
You are very welcome!! :) Stop on by my blog too if you like. LOL. ;)
www.shealynnbenner.com
Post a Comment