Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rhett's Birthday

Well, for all my scrambling yesterday, Rhett's birthday turned out pretty nice except for my ill mood from scrambling all day. But he loves me enough to look over that. BFG wanted to make Rhett a cake and all on her own thought up making a basketball cake because Rhett loves basketball. Here's how it turned out:


Okay, ya' got me. I had to throw this picture in there to show off two of my yard sale finds last weekend. I got the cake topper for $1.00! Isn't it beautiful? Makes our cake look alot spiffier than it actually is. And the lamp . . . oh the lamp! I love it! Hang on to your seats: The lamp only cost $3.00!!!!! And it works!!!! I also got a Barbie castle for $1.00! It was the best yard sale ever! Okay, here's the cake:

Now, our dinner was Rhett's birthday gift from God 'cause, honey, my meals don't look like this. It was so beautiful to me that I took a picture. And I have to say even if I did cook it myself with God looking over my shoulder, it tasted delicious, too! We had Hillbilly Housewife's Oven-Baked Swiss Steak (don't be fooled like I was there is no Swiss cheese involved, go figure!), rosemary green beans, baked potato with butter and sour cream, and Paula Deen's Sour Cream-Butter Biscuits, and fresh garden tomatoes from my bother-in-law. Yum!

All in all: Pretty good birthday dinner except for Rhett spotting one of the groundhogs during dinner and wanting to go shoot it. I said, "Now, Rhett, this is your birthday dinner and BFG has been so excited all day." So, Rhett asked her if she minded if he went out and shot a groundhog. BFG's response, "Well, okay, as long as you don't hurt it's feelings." Result: No feelings hurt--Rhett missed.



3 comments:

Sheyb said...

Cute cake! Love the garage sale finds! And, that dinner... yum!

Melissa said...

Love the last comment..."don't hurt it's feelings". Precious. Dinner and cake looked fabulous.

Love ya!
Mel

Mama Said said...

Thanks, ya'll!

 

Made by Lena