Has it really been since Tuesday that I wrote? Wow! Can you tell that I have been super busy?
I am embarrassed to tell about this, but I have been paying major stupid tax in the way of time. I have been painting the spare room upstairs (soon to be playroom/schoolroom/craftroom) for about 6 weeks now. I kid you not. It has been a nightmare that has included painting the entire room ceiling to floor, primer and paint with a brush. No rolling these rough wood walls. And, yes, I've had several people tell me that there are rollers that would work, but we didn't do it and I don't think I would trust it. Not to mention, I don't think I would be strong enough to press it down hard enough.
I digress. Okay, we swallowed a bottle of stupid pills and painted the floor with latex paint on top of oil-based even though we knew you can't do that. We are insane. I'm telling ya'. Call the looney bin and sign me up! I guess we just realized we had the wrong thing but were in a hurry and BFG was gone so we chanced it. Big, big mistake! If you don't know what happens: Latex over oil-based won't bond and you can scrape it off with your fingernail. So, I've spent the whole week rubbing the floor down with alcohol and scrubbing the latex off with a ScotchBrite pad. Hard, hard time-consuming work on a hard, hard floor. Every joint and muscle aches. Not quite as bad as the kitchen floor episode, but painful just the same. I am way to old for this crap! So far, every floor I've dealt with in this house has been cursed. What is the deal? I guess it's just our inexperience. I have kicked myself for not trying to get us signed up for a reality show on HGTV. I think we would have made a good one: "What NOT to Do in Decorating."
And get this crap (literally) . . . I washed towels yesterday and pull them out of the dryer and found a piece of dried cat poop. What the heck? How did that happen? The laundry room is where we kept Milo during the rabies scare. But he didn't poop in the dirty towels. Trust me, I cleaned plenty out of the litter box. I just can't believe that. I wanted to throw up. Needless to say, I rewashed that load in super hot water with extra, extra detergent. I hope that works. Our water is set on the wrong temp. and is steaming hot. Blech!
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


1 comment:
Ooooohhh... gross!! That is so strange how it ended up there!!
Post a Comment