Thursday, May 15, 2008

Words That Haunt

Don't you just hate it when your kids repeat the stuff you say? Yesterday, BFG repeated a phrase I say alot. The painters had arrived and were outside getting stuff together and whatnot. BFG was watching from the window and said, "Hey, Mama, does he think he's cool in that shirt?" After a quick prayer of thanks that she said this out of earshot, I was stammering around trying to think of what to say. I was like, "Um, yeah, that's a really nice shirt, isn't it?" I use the "he thinks he's cool" phrase ALL the time. Usually to vent off frustration. You know, Rhett will be making faces and weird voices and crap and I'll yell "Would you just stop it?" Then, BFG says, "What's wrong, Mama?" and to save face I have to say, "Oh, Daddy just thinks he's cool." Or we'll be driving and someone will pull out in front of me or something and I get mad and say something like "You stupid idiot." And BFG says, "What's wrong, Mama?" And to save face, I say "Oh, that guy just thinks he cool." I think I say it to tone down my reactions because I don't want BFG to grow up and fly off the handle like I do. But, man, it really doesn't sound very nice when you just start applying it to everyone you see like BFG did. Hmmm . . . what else could I say? Dang! I may just have to learn to be calm.

Be cool,
Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena