Am I the only one with this problem? Every time we send BFG to spend the night with the grandparents, I struggle with how to spend my "kid-free" time. I've always had this problem and now it's alot worse because of the house. Kid-free time is sort of rare for us because I'm so darned overprotective. Whenever BFG is gone, I want to make the most of my time. I want to sleep/rest, do things I can't do easily with her here like stamp/scrapbook, or I feel like I should clean, or make a run to all the thrift stores while I can shop peacefully, and I always feel like Rhett and I should spend time together. Now, I've added a gigantic list of stuff to do to the house while she's gone. It's so tough to decipher which thing is the most pressing. Sometimes it's just such a relief to have kid-free time we just walk around like zombies and do nothing. I really think mine and Rhett's time should take the top spot. But it is soooooooo hard to make ourselves take time to go out on a date and relax and just be together with all this work hanging over our heads. We managed this weekend though and had a really nice time together and got a little work done, too. Aaaaaah, priceless!
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment