Well, I don't know about ya'll, but I am familied out! Now, I love, love, love my extended family. But I can only take so much before I need to be alone. I have been so busy this weekend. I went to two homeschool curriculum sales (one Friday and one Sat.). We went to my grandmother's on Sat. evening and spent the night and stayed all day Sunday to visit with my aunt who is in from out-of-state. We were home Monday by ourselves and I used that time to finish painting the first coat on the floor of the never-ending room. Then, today my aunt, grandmother, my mom and dad, and my sister and her kids were all here most of the day. The funny thing is that the things that annoy me about my family are the same ways in which I am most like them: the loud, excited talking, the too-strong opinions, the trying to prove your way is right, the worrying way too much about things that don't matter or that will more than likely not come to fruition, the same old stories told over and over and over again, etc. I guess BFG will be complaining one day about the same things about me that I complain about now in my relatives. Plus, there is just always drama. Every year, my dad pulls some crap which gets us all upset and fighting before we ever even get there. Then, this year one of my cousins is separated and more than likely getting a divorce. The catch is the entire town where they live knows about it, but for some odd reason none of the family is supposed to know. So, that was tense and awkward since we all do know and we know most of the gory details. Weird.
You wanna know what the best part is? We get to go back on Friday for my other cousin's wedding and spend another weekend doing the same thing! Ooooh, it makes me tired just thinking about it. And poor Rhett. His family is the calmest family I know and very small. If nothing else, I know he loves me based on the fact he's willing to deal with all our craziness.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment