Nothing big going on right now except we have painters here scraping the ceilings in the living room and foyer so we are probably all dying from lead poisoning as we speak.
I thought I had my first hot flash at my in-laws Sat. night. But I think I was just sunburned. So far, the Chlomid hasn't been that bad. I'm really glad. Thank you for all your prayers that this works for us.
Anyway, so my fake hot-flash episode was uncomfortable for me emotionally because my in-laws know nothing about our infertility. My mom knows because I've had to have my parents watch BFG while I went to the doctor for numerous tests. Every once and a while, I'll think about telling Rhett's parents. In some ways, I think that it is our business and I don't feel emotionally stable enough about it to answer questions. In other ways, I feel like they have a right to know in case BFG is their only grandchild. I really wish my mom did not know because she's always telling me that we just need to relax or some tidbit she'll hear on TV like "you need to eat a bowl of ice cream a day" or "you should be taking folic acid." I know she means well, but I could just scream. Relaxing DOES NOT make you get pregnant!!!!! If that were true, all infertile women would just take Prozac or something and everyone would get pregnant.
Anyway, I can't decide how my MIL will react. I really think she will start crying when we tell her and that would be my worst-case scenario. I cannot handle that. On the other hand, if she starts in with the tidbits and platitudes, I don't think I can handle that either. I'm sure I won't tell her until after we see if the Chlomid works and after laproscopy.
So, what would you do? Would you tell your parents and in-laws? Or would you prefer them not to know? If your family does know, how have they reacted?
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


2 comments:
Hey girl...you know me...I have some experience in this department. I wouldn't necessarily make it into a big thing. I wouldn't plan the "time and place" to sit down and have a chat or anything. I'd make it much less formal but just as part of the conversation. They may be wondering and if they haven't said or asked about other kids yet, it still may have crossed their minds. Should the topic of other kids come up, I don't think it's any big deal to say something like, "you'd love to have more kids someday, if the Lord allows it" or "We've been trying for a while and nothing yet, but we're hopeful..." or something along those lines. If you don't want to get into the technical aspect about clomid, ect then don't. But maybe that would let them know that you are planning on more but perhapse its just a matter of time.
Our families all know about our infertility problems and they know that we've done clomid before. But then our families all talk about things like that so it was never really a big deal.
If nothing else, the more that people know, the more prayer support you can ask for!!
Love, Mel
Yeah, when I picture it, I picture us casually throwing it in the conversation. The thing is I am 99% sure Rhett's mom will tear up no matter how nonchalant we act about it. In turn, I'll probably be a mess. I get real emotional about it real quick. On the flipside, I have thought before about what you said about the more who know, the more who can pray. Rhett's mom is a good Christian whom I respect alot. I would like to have her praying for us, but you know, I wouldn't be suprised if she already is praying for us to have another one anyway! LOL! I bet she suspects something is up because we are way past our original proposed time line on how we wanted them spaced apart.
Thanks for your input! I always am glad to get your very rational input on things, so unlike my own. :)
Post a Comment