Our A/C is finally done! Whoopee! Man, is it cold in here! I think I forgot what central heat and air felt like and it is so weird to look at our old floors and see air vents. I'm just so glad to have the house to myself again! Yea! At least for awhile.
The whole A/C process went pretty much without incident except the lead paint thing. But a couple of little things happened that I thought were humorous. Both are bathroom stories so you may want to stop reading here.
It's such a funny thing to have strangers in your house and to try to go on about your business. Esp. when it's three men and your home alone with your daughter. So, I would try to wait to use the bathroom til they went outside. The bathroom has two doors and neither of them shut well and I didn't want to leave BFG unattended. So, on day 2 I think it was, they went outside and I ran to the bathroom and sat down. Feeling a draft right next to the toilet, I realize what a dumb idea it was. They had already cut the holes in the floor for the vents and when they went outside, where were they going? Under the house! Dumb-da-dumb-dumb! I finished on the edge of the seat just waiting for a face to appear right next to me at my very personal moment! Luckily, it didn't happen and I changed my strategy until they had the ducts connected.
However, BFG was not as lucky. On the day they were hammering the metal stuff inside the vent holes (Don't you love how technical I am!), BFG and I were playing out at the barn and, boy howdy, she had to go No. 2 in a hurry. She couldn't even walk all the way back to the house. I had to carry her about half way. Yes, my back still hurts! Anyway, one guy was inside and one guy was under the house. Where were they? At the bathroom, of course. So, the inside guy told the other guy to hold on we had a bathroom emergency. So, I throw BFG on the toilet and she proceeds to po*p the most I have ever seen her go. The guy crawled away as fast as he could, but I felt so sorry for him being trapped under the house with the smell. I kept trying to spray air freshener so that was probably choking him out too. It was also the longest I've ever seen her go. I didn't think she was ever going to get done! I was embarrassed for her! Lucky for her, she didn't have a clue that she was in an embarrassing situation. And it turned out that the guy she stink bombed was someone I went to school with from kindergarten on, which I found out on the day I looked my worst in my old black maternity pants. Oh, well. At least it's over.
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment