Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dollar General Test

So, I had a list of stuff I am planning on buying at Kroger that is on sale and I have coupons for. It's all health and beauty aids like razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc. All of which I have at least a year's supply for already, but I'll give you one big guess on where it all is. You got it! Boxed up in storage right along with 2/3 of the rest of our belongings. Can you tell it's starting to get to me?
Anyway, I had the bright idea of going to the Dollar General Market in a small town that's closer than Kroger in "big town." I was just sure that I could get the same items for the same price or maybe close enough to same price that it wouldn't be worth the gas to go all the way to big town. Boy, I was so wrong! Everything at DGM would be significantly higher than what I could get it for at Kroger. Plus, DGM didn't carry everything like a Schick Quattro that I can get cheaper at Kroger than buying a cheaper razor at DGM. I had BFG with me so I didn't get to write it all down and really calculate how much difference and the cost of buying papers for coupons and the extra gas to go to big town and yada yada plus the time of cutting out coupons. If anyone does that, let me know. I'd love to hear the actual numbers. But I could tell with a quick glance that my couponing on sales at the grocery stores definitely pays off in that area.

Today was my mom's birthday. We went up to my grandmother's and my sister and I took them both out to eat for mother's day. I hate to do the combo thing, but I am not a fan of mother's day at all. And all those Hallmark holidays eat up so much of our immediate family time trying to make our rounds to everyone. Do I love my mother? Yes! But I don't need a holiday to tell me to let her know that and I already see her at least once a week if not more. BTW, if you need a gift idea for next year. I made the everyday photo book on Snapfish this year. I waited for the 25% off coupon code and then it's another 20% off of duplicate gifts (or vice versa, can't remember). So, I made four identical 20 page photo books of BFG and total cost with shipping was only $40.00. Pretty darn good if you ask me. The books are super cute, easy to do, and were delivered within 3 days to my house.
Better run. I'm missing ER.
Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena