This was one of those days in which I found myself wondering Why, oh why do I do coupons? Some shopping trips are just harder than others I guess. But I learned to never, never, ever go through the self-checkout at Kroger if you have coupons. I don't really care how long the lines are. You are not going to beat them. The people I didn't want to get in line behind were probably already home and had their groceries unpacked by the time I was through the self-checkout. Not to mention the argument I had to have with the guy that I did in fact have the correct Barilla pasta. I was not trying to sneak by with one of the other Barilla pastas. He was so convinced that I was trying to get away with something that he wasn't reading the label on the box. Give me a break! Do they really have a problem with this? It's all computerized. I just can't see tons of people trying to walk out of the store with items that don't match the coupons. It gets on my nerves being treated like a criminal because I'm using coupons. And that's at other places, too. The cashiers must get in some kind of trouble if they make a mistake with them or something. And the guy jilted me out of one of my coupons, too. I had 2 of the pasta ones and I had only scanned one, but he had grabbed them both. After our argument, he went ahead and sucked them up in the machine despite my protest. But at that point, a $1 wasn't worth dealing with him anymore. Plus, I really didn't have time to wait around and see how they got the coupons out of the machine and he had sucked my coupons up someone else's machine. They have so few lines open at Kroger anyway that I really hated to block up two of the self-checkouts.
Then, of all things and this is really unusual, Publix only had one line open and there was a line. So, the lady at the self-checkouts accosted me to come over there and she'd check me out. Bless her little heart. Unbeknownst to her, I had coupons where I was getting some cat food for free. So, she had to scan it and run over to her computer and back and forth and back and forth. It was a mess. She was super nice though and I felt really sorry for her. But once again, I was reminded how superior Publix is at customer service. Although one time, I did have the slowest lady ever who with each item she went through my coupons and matched the item before she'd scan it. But she was older and maybe she didn't understand that the computers do all that for you.
Anyway, maybe when I'm eating my cheap food it'll be worth it.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


2 comments:
I'm really surprised that the self-checkout guy gave you such a hard time over the coupons! Usually they are pretty laid-back. They act like they hate being stuck at the Self check-out. And the fact that it was a MAN! Usually it's the older ladies who give me a hard time! Sorry you had such a rough time! Sometimes it makes you want to just give up, even though you aren't doing anything wrong, ya know?
I'm so sorry that you had such a tough time. Just think happy thoughts about how much you saved! :)
Love, Mel
Post a Comment