Thought I would catch ya'll up on a few things:
1) I have alot of people find my blog because they are googling lead paint. Remember that, my faithful readers from the start? (If you're new, you can click Here to read about my craziness.) I don't think I ever let ya'll know the results. I did have BFG's lead levels tested after our ceilings were scraped and painted. And she was absolutely fine! Yea! So, if anybody is looking this up because you have kids in an old house, I don't think it's a death wish like the government acts like. I do feel a little bad that I made BFG go through the blood test to satisfy my own paranoia. Okay, she cried big fat crocodile tears and I felt terrible. But I'm so glad to know. Of course, now I'm wondering, Did we get good test results because I scoured the house from top to bottom after any work was done? or Did I waste my time and hurt my body for nothing? I guess I'll never know.
2) I found my broom. It was outside on the deck where the window guys left it. Thank you very much. I'm not as crazy as I thought and neither is Rhett. I thought about calling the floor guy and telling him that I do actually own a broom, but he's hiding from us anyway. I guess the economy is so bad that he doesn't want the other work we were going to hire him to do. The bad thing about the broom is that I didn't find it until about 5 or 6 rainstorms later and about 2 weeks in the hot 90 degree sunshine. So, it's pretty much ruined. I think I may attach one of those clapper beeping key chains to my new broom.
3) It is still 90 degrees down here!!!!! We are miserable!!!!! Everyone is ill with each other. Nobody wants to do anything. Oh, wait! That's just me. But seriously, who can do housework in this heat? Ya'll, we don't walk outside. We swim. The humidity is so high you can literally feel how thick the air is. It's hard to move, it's hard to breathe. There is no breeze. Just hot stickiness. Maybe this is the reason the South is the Bible Belt. I honestly don't see how anyone could spend time in this heat and not want to be saved from the fiery pits of Hell. Praise the Lord I won't be there!
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


2 comments:
You are a winner! 2 headbands coming your way. Just need your address.
yipee!!
You won something? Wow! Lucky you!!! :)
I really like the idea of the clapper key chain on the broom! In fact, I am thinking of at least a dozen different things I could put one on...my keys, my purse, DD's blankie, flashlight, matches. Oh, and the dog and the kids! AND my DH! Woo hoo!
Post a Comment