Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WFMW: Chit-Chat While You Work!

It's the Works-For-Me Wednesday Best Cleaning Tip Edition!

I have to say that I learned one tip from a friend that changed my cleaning life incredibly. (Thanks, Casi!) We would talk on the phone for hours at a time. I would sit down to do my talking. But not her, she'd name off all the things she got done while we talked! It was amazing!

I dove into it and purchased a cordless phone that has a jack for a headset and a headset to go along with it. I wear an apron with a pocket to hold the phone and my hands are totally free to clean, clean, clean while I pass the time chatting with friends and family.

Not only do I get a lot more done, the chores aren't so tedious and mundane. If you do the rote chores (the ones you can do without thinking---um . . . that would be most of them) like making beds, loading dishwasher, cleaning the bathroom, etc., you can get everything done while talking and you can't even remember doing them! It's totally awesome!

Another added bonus with the headset is that you totally lose that ache in your neck from trying to hold the phone on your shoulder. That was a huge blessing for me personally.

Check out other cleaning tips at We Are That Family!

Happy Cleaning!
Mama Said

6 comments:

No I wasn't Sleeping said...

I don't know what it is, but talking with my grandma on the phone makes me want to clean my Kitchen.
I usually just put her on speaker phone, but then she hears the water running...

Niki Jolene said...

Clever idea!

:)

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

What a great idea! It's always easier to work on cleaning while you can be distracted by something else.

Moore Minutes said...

Chores are extra boring so this is a SUPER idea to have a hands free phone while you work!

Claremont First Ward said...

LOVE your blog design! Clever idea.

Eliza Welch said...

I just started a new blog and would love it if you would stop by! Eliza’s blog

 

Made by Lena