Monday, October 5, 2009

MTM: A "Taste"-ful Self-Portrait

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

Wow! I haven't done a Muffin Tin Monday in ages! This week's theme "All About Me" really got my juices flowing with all the possibilities. I opted for BFG to do a food self-portrait. It was totally fun and BFG was really into it.


First off to the side, I gave her a bowl of buttered spaghetti noodles to build herself. Then, the items for details were: candy cherry slice (Rhett just happened to bring those home from the gas station and I knew it would be perfect for a mouth!), string cheese, sliced grapes, Cheerios, pretzels, and Cheetos.

I gave her a big cookie sheet and let her go to town! She had a blast even making up a story with her picture. You might not can tell, but this is a picture of BFG in the snow (snow falling and snow on the ground) with a radio in her hand and she's next to a fire. She was super excited to show it to her dad and was super excited to eat it! She devoured herself! Isn't it funny how kids love stuff like that?

Go on over to Her Cup Overfloweth to see everyone else's take on the theme!
Mama Said

17 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great idea!

Jamie said...

What an awesome idea! She did such a great job, too! Wow!

MomofAJ said...

What a faboulous idea. She did a great job.

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

welcome back to MTM! i love the self portrait! so sweet!

Bran said...

What a great idea! It looks so cute too!

Susana said...

This is so creative! What a super idea!

Your blog is so cute too.

The Oldroyd's said...

Cute. That is darling. I really need to try that sometime. I love it. It really does look great.

Vone said...

That looks like fun. Great idea and love the story behind the art :)

Anonymous said...

What a CUTE idea!! Love her self portrait!

The Activity Mom said...

Awesome! =)So creative

Sandra said...

I love this idea! She did such a wonderful job :)!

Trudie said...

Great idea! Love how it turned out!

Sherry said...

we made something kinda like this today! Good idea!

Unknown said...

That is a great idea! Love the story behind it, too. :)

Heidi Hillman said...

I love the noodle sculpture! My 5 year old would be very in to that!

Regina said...

I loved this idea! So much that I let my boys make a self-portrait for their MTM today. They had a blast! Hope you don't mind. Thanks for the inspiration!

The Oldroyd's said...

Thanks for your comment. Yes the story about my brother was a national story and he was the first boy scout ever that went missing. So it often is brought up again in the news with other stories. I am sure that is why the pictures look familiar. Thanks again. P.S. I already commented but I love your portrait idea.

 

Made by Lena