Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
I have absolutely NOT let BFG get addicted to video games! Are you kidding me? When we were pregnant, Rhett and I swore we would not let that happen. So, obviously, I would NEVER let a video game entertain her while I get stuff done around the house. Please! Oh, and BFG totally did NOT claim she loved the video game more that Rhett during a tantrum in an effort to get to play it more. Ha! That would mean she's totally addicted which she's NOT!
After a year of living in this house, I did NOT have a light bulb moment the other day where I finally figured out that the wire rack on the wall in my pantry is for hanging brooms and such. Oh, I figured that out the MINUTE we moved in and have NOT tried hanging a gazillion different things there trying to figure out what it was. NOT me!
On Thursday while fixing dinner, I so did NOT drop Rhett's plate of food on my foot in my hurry to get to the TV to watch Survivor. Whatever! I do NOT even like TV or Survivor and I have much more important things going on than who gets voted off. And the plate totally did NOT land edge side down right on top of my foot and it totally did NOT hurt one bit. And EVERYONE came rushing to my aid to see if I was all right. 'Cause that's the kind of family I have---NOT the kind that just keeps on keeping on without even a holler to ask if I'm all right. We are just overflowing with compassion!
I did NOT let BFG fall off a piece of playground equipment. Of course not! That would mean that I was busy talking to my friend and didn't stop her from climbing on something I normally shoo her away from. She did NOT drop 6-7 feet straight down and land on her back. And I was so NOT standing right there and I did NOT consider catching her but was afraid my efforts would move her and make her knock her head. And, of course, I have NOT laid in bed at night replaying the scenario in my head over and over wondering if I could have caught her.
My sister and I did NOT have another episode at Hancock Fabrics. Seriously, we NEVER have any problems there. We even make a point to go together because everything goes so WELL. Every bolt of fabric we touch does NOT miraculously fall to the ground. Are you kidding me? Never! And if it did, you would NOT see both of us looking like a game of Twister desperately grabbing bolts of fabric while the whole display is collapsing around us while we laugh uncontrollably. Oh, and the material we bought is NOT still waiting to be sewn. We came home and made the tops for the girls IMMEDIATELY 'cause we're like that. If we have an idea, it is done---NO unfinished projects around our houses!
This conversation did NOT happen between me and Rhett on a spring-like Saturday when Rhett was on the computer:
Me: Just want to let you know, I opened a few windows.
Rhett: I've still got them.
Me: What? I opened a few windows.
Rhett: I know. I' ve still got them open.
Me: What are you talking about? I opened the windows. I'm just letting you know.
Rhett: I've still got them open!!! (as he gestured at the computer with the mouse)
Oh, those windows! We are NOT so addicted to the computer that we mixed up real windows with internet windows. We are so above that!
Happy Not Me-ing!
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


3 comments:
Laugh uncontrollably? US?? Are you kidding? Not US!! ;)
I laughed uncontrollably at the Windows/windows conversation! That is hilarious! :)
love,
your sis
I could SOOOO see us having that same "Windows" conversation.
And I know how we mommies replay 'scarey moments' in our heads and can't just let them go and be thankful that all ended well. I used to haunt myself with the "What ifs"!
Happy Monday!
I still have visions of the first time I ever decided Sport was trustworthy enough to let go of his hand in a parking lot while I unlocked the car. Of course he bolted. As I ran thru the parking lot chasing him I could "see" big SUVs pulling out at every corner and flattening him. That was 6 years ago and it still gives me the chills.
Post a Comment