Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is This Seriously My House? Our Bathroom Redo

Here is the bathroom (ahem, our only bathroom) 1 year ago when we moved into this ol' house.



This was my Bathroom Half-way Redo that some of you may remember in April '08. You can't tell that the vanity was one of those 24" $100 kits from a big box store, which is okay but hard for me coming from our old house with a double vanity and lots of storage space. And you can't see how horrible the tile floor is.

This is how it looked while Rhett was doing demo. He hauled everything out and got it ready for the floor guy to cut costs on the price and to save time. Look at that floor! See I was not exaggerating! Whoever put that tile down did not put backer board under it, which means water soaked right through the grout to the plywood resulting in mildew, lots of mildew and rotten wood. Literally, every time we walked on this floor (which is about 100 times a day for me) the tile and grout cracked and crumbled. My poor vacuum will never be the same because of all the huge hunks of grout it had to eat. Most of the tiles were not even adhered anymore. Rhett just picked them right up.

Drum roll, please . . . . . . . . . .

TA DA!


Ain't she a beaut? A new subfloor, new flooring, new baseboards, a new door, a new vanity, a new faucet, and lots of money later.




Aaaaah! I've doubled my vanity space and I'm sooooo happy!



But now that I've lived a year with no space, I don't even know what to put in or on this thing! What the heck should I put in the drawers? Everything we use on an everyday basis already has a home. Isn't that ridiculous?


But it is pure bliss to be able to walk on the floor silently! No cracking and crunching. I bet Rhett will even get more sleep now 'cause I can get up to potty in the night in stealth-mode now!

Taking potty breaks for the kick of it,
Mama Said

3 comments:

groovie mom said...

Looks great! I love the shower curtain and vanity.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!! What a beauty and transformation! Way to go on the decorating. You and your hubby did a great job!

Love ya,
Casi

Melissa said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I can't wait to see it in person!

Great Job!

 

Made by Lena