Monday, March 30, 2009

How Much Is That Doggy In The Window?

What'cha think? This lil' ol' fella is going to be ours this weekend! I just can't believe it! And I'm nervous! I haven't had a dog in a long time. I thought it would be years before I got to have one again. Rhett is rather anti-animal as in he really doesn't like to have to take care of them and he doesn't like fleas at all. I don't know if he had some childhood trauma with fleas or what.

But I finally found a breed that speaks to his childhood days on his grandparents' farm. And come on, we cannot be country people without a farm dog. It's unheard of 'round these parts! LOL!

Can you tell what it is? Huh? Huh? Can you?


It's a collie! Yea! He's 9 weeks old!

BFG is really excited. She loves watching Lassie. Of course, that is what she wants to name it--Lassie. But he's a boy. She doesn't care. And, yes, I know the story about how the real Lassie was a boy dog actor. But, sheesh, what boy dog wants to be called Lassie in real life?

He's only registered as a companion dog which means we can't breed him and have to have him neutered. I just think it's kind of a rip-off to pay for a dog that has strings attached, but life would probably be easier if we neuter him anyway. And the breeder is from Rhett's hometown and we know he comes from good people. The puppy, not Rhett. Although, Rhett comes from good people, too. And the breeder is famous for the dogs she breeds.

I don't know I guess it's a toss up. I have said that if I got another dog I'd go grab a mutt at the pound. But we really want the characteristics of a collie, which was very important to get Rhett to go along with this. So, I guess we have to pay to make sure we don't have a crazy dog like my last one.

Anyone got any name suggestions? Lay'em on me! Maybe we should have some sort of contest. Hmmm . . . but what would I give away? Okay, now I'm looking for prize suggestions and name suggestions.

Mama Said

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is gorgeous! I mean really...can you say no to a face like that?! I think you will be really happy just watching BFG fall in love and become friends with him. Good luck and congrats to the new dog you are adding to your family!

Love ya,
Casi

Melissa said...

PRECIOUS!!! I can't wait to see him. Well, I like his black mask on his face so I'm going to vote for the name Bandit.

Love, Mel

 

Made by Lena