Yes, I went back one more time trying to get toys on sale for 75% off.
The buzz on the net was that today was the day . . .
Well, I must live in a very progressive town because our Target had already cleared out almost ALL of the clearanced toys. They had empty shelves everywhere and every stock person rearranging and putting out new stuff.
Where the heck did it all go???
They did still have some 90% off Christmas stuff that I checked out.
My sister was with me.
We dove for these canisters of Archer Farms Toffee Almond Crunch Chocolate Covered Pretzel rods.
Yes, we took all six of them.
We were salivating just waiting to get to the car to bust them open, devour a couple, and stick one in each of the three kids' mouths for a few moments of blessed peace.
We make it to the check out.
Cashier: Un-unh. I can't sell you those.
Me: What? ( I thought they'd already been salvaged or something and Target is really weird about not selling stuff they've already salvage 'cause I guess they'd rather throw it away than get my 39 cents.)
Cashier: They've been recalled. This morning. I ain't allowed to sell you these. I ain't even gonna ring'em up 'cause then I'll have to call the manager and he gone to lunch.
Me: Are you kidding me?
Cashier: He done went back there to pull'em and they were gone. We knew somebody had'em.
The "lunching" manager walked up just then and verified that they were indeed recalled and they were relieved to find who had been walking around with them in their cart.
Of course it was us. Would it be anyone else?
Can you believe that? The one thing out of the whole rushing-to-get-ready-and-wrangling-three-kids-around-Target-and-I-skipped-storyhour-to-go trip that I was going to buy.
But I'm praising the Lord for that lady doing her job well. There's no telling what they were recalled for. At the very least, we probably avoided a tummy-ache and who knows what else.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment