Monday, January 26, 2009

Not Me! Monday


I found My Charming Kids recently and she hosts a Not Me Monday every week which is a tongue-in-cheek way to confess all the things you did wrong the week before. It is hilarious! If you have time and need a laugh, it’s definitely worth checking out.

So, here goes my confession for the last week or so:

I totally did NOT go to Target for the umpteenth time trying to get 75% deals. No way! I think that would mean I had some kind of shopping problem. And, of course, while we were there, I did NOT buy BFG an icee and popcorn for her lunch to keep her quiet so I could shop. What mom would do that? It was so unhealthy and BFG NEVER whines while I shop.

I absolutely did NOT buy 9 boxes of GoGurt just because I had 9 coupons and they were on sale! That would mean I was like a hoarder or something and it’s NOT like I let BFG eat about 4 GoGurts a day or anything. That would be over the top with all the high fructose corn syrup in them.

And, while we were at the library, BFG did NOT run up to me and loudly tell me to stay away from this particular little girl because she thought the girl had a cold and we didn’t want the germs. My child would NEVER do that ‘cause I absolutely am NOT a germaphobe. I’m NEVER terrified of catching the latest crud going around. I don’t EVER slather us up with anti-germ gel either.

Rhett totally did NOT use BFG’s brand new pink fuzzy slippers to put out a flaming ember from the fire that landed on our rug. He would NEVER do such a thing especially when there were three other pairs of shoes lying around on the floor because we NEVER have shoes lying around the floor. And the ember totally did NOT burn off some of the pink fluff. Oh, and BFG so did NOT cry and whine about it and demand a new pair of slippers. Our little angel who is NOT spoiled would NEVER do that.

We totally did NOT drag out the said angel to a state park to see a waterfall when it was 30 degrees outside either. And Rhett did NOT drag her down a hill that was not a trail to the waterfall and get her and her coat caught in a bramble bush. We would NEVER put our child in that dangerous situation.

Finally, I did NOT leave the TomTom on top of the car when we were leaving on our trip to the state park. And it did NOT fly off the top and land in the road. And I absolutely did NOT have to get out of the car and run 10 yards back to retrieve it.
Have a fab week NOT doing anything,
Mama Said

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love. It. :)

Too funny! You are such a good writer!

Jac

Melissa said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I did NOT give my kids apple pie with cool whip for breakfast yesterday! :) Love your blog, read it a ways back. laughed hysterically at the pooping in Target blog. I love how you are obviously devoted to God, but aren't afraid to show you are a real person who makes mistakes! My family recently moved to an old farmhouse in WV from CT. Can totally relate. I have a blog too but i am still learning to write well so it may not be too interesting yet. look forward to your future posts, thanks tara

 

Made by Lena