Sunday, January 11, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday: Snow Princess Party!

Our theme for Muffin Tin Monday was royalty. I just happened to have bought some muffin tin liners 75% off at Kroger that have snowflakes and polar bears on them and I kept thinking about my silver serving tray and Voila! A Snow Princess Party was born!


I didn't want to buy any special food to pull this off. Plus, it was very last minute! LOL! I collaborated with my sister and we pooled together every white food we could quickly put together quickly.

The foods I'm listing are in no special order. It would be too crazy since we had 1 muffin tin liner per food per each of the 3 kids (BFG, my niece and nephew).

Snow Princess Party Foods: white cotton candy, Laughing Cow Spreadable Cheese Wedge, Saltine crackers, Rice Chex cereal, macaroni noodles with butter and Parmesan cheese, popcorn, mini marshmallows, deviled eggs, white chocolate covered pretzels, bite-sized sugar cookies with blue ICE-ing and snowflake sprinkles, and Aurora Borealis Milkshakes (Neapolitan ice cream blended with milk topped with Redi-whip and crystal sugar sprinkles). Whew! I think that's all.

Okay, I went a little over the top for this one. But it did make for a fun party that kicked those winter blues! We had Snow Princess hats . . .


And a crown for the Snow Prince . . . (which as an almost 9 yr. old, he hated it and only kept it on for this photo)
We cut out paper snowflakes. I burned a Yankee candle that I thought was called Snow Angel, but realized later it was called Sparkling Angel. Oh, well. I found a Floamies snow castle I had bought 80% off last year after Christmas (See above pic of table decor.) and BFG had a blast decorating that and has been totally occupied with playing with it and her princess Polly Pockets for days. I even played a tape of Vivaldi's Four Seasons. See what I mean? I think I crossed the line into goofy!

We played Pin the Face on the Snowman, which turned out the be the hit of the party! It really was fun! My sister and I played too which just thrilled the kids. This game was super easy to free-hand cutting it out and to set up. I did use scrapbooking punches for the eyes and mouth, but you wouldn't have to. This pic was one of the better results. The kids got better at it the more they played.

We finished up with a mini art lesson and art project featuring Ezra Jack Keats' The Snowy Day, which you can read more this project and see close up photos, here.

Thanks to Her Cup Overfloweth for giving the challenge! My family had a blast (or would that be blizzard)! Pop on over there and check out how everyone else interpreted the theme.
Mama Said





7 comments:

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

I love it when an amazing muffin tin comes together! So awesome!!

Heather said...

Oh my goodnes, I love, LOVE how you did this! You've inspired me for sure.

Anonymous said...

Simply Wonderful! What a grand party!
Blessings,
Dawn

UtahJenny said...

FABULOUS - I am sure your kids will remember this one - what a fun day all around!

Mama Said said...

Thank you so much, everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,

I love this idea! I'm sure the kids had a blast. You are such a wonderful mom/aunt. You inspire me too.

Love ya,
Casi

Melissa said...

You guys are awesome! What a hit!

 

Made by Lena