Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Epiphany

I had an epiphany the other day while doing the dishes. Two things I complain about the most are cleaning up the kitchen and never being alone. I always rush to clean the kitchen up as fast as I can to move on to the bigger and better things I want to be doing like just sitting down and having 5 minutes peace to look at a magazine or something, which never happens because I’m constantly attending to everyone’s needs.

While I was cleaning up some dishes after supper, I felt a God-whisper that said, “This is your time alone.” And I realized that while I’m cleaning the kitchen, I do have a break from being Mama. Rhett and BFG are usually having a well-satisfied moment in the living room and are playing together. Everyone is out of my hair and out of my way. I realized I have been complaining my way through a small gift of time that God gives me almost each and every day.

I began singing some hymns and thanking God and my mundane, tedious task became a quiet retreat for me. With a change in the way I looked at it (aka a change in my attitude), I was a lot happier doing something I dread doing each day.


I challenge you to look for some island of peace and calm in your day today and praise the Lord for it! It may surprise you! LOL!

Mama Said

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Well said and very insightful!!

knolenik said...

Thank you for sharing this... I stumbled upon your blog after searching for craft type blogs... I'm thinking that God was trying to show me the same thing! Thanks again!

Mama Said said...

Well, I am just humbled. Thanks for your comments!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

hmmm...very thought provoking and insightful!

Thanks for sharing!

 

Made by Lena