
I totally have a new respect for an unexpected person. You know on Survivor there is that one person every season who tries to plead his/her case to be kept on the island by saying, "I'm the one who keeps the fire going." Well, boy howdy, that person should stay! I totally respect them now! I also have a new respect for when they have to make fire to break a tie. I'm usually rolling my eyes and saying this is ridiculous as they struggle and struggle to get a flame going. Not anymore!
I had no idea how hard a fire is! We've had a cold spell this past week. (For us Southerners, for it to be down to 9 degrees at night, we are just down right frozen and call off school and everything!) And we've had a fire in our fireplace for several nights and over the weekend. It is so much work!!! No wonder gas logs sell so well! After about 5 or 6 nights of fires, we are finally a little bit better. But those first couple of nights, it took us hours to get it going. Seriously, the second night we worked on the fire for over 3 hours trying to get it going and stay going. We finally looked it up on WikiHow and had some success. Isn't that pathetic?
On another subject (kind of), I had to show ya'll the difference in our fireplace from a year ago to today.
Before (when we bought the house)
After
Isn't that amazing? Sometimes I forget how far we've come on the house. Our living room was the worst room in the house and now it's our favorite. Oh, in the After picture, just envision an antique arched window hanging up there. Rhett is going to take one the original windows and reglaze and repaint it and hang it up there. Stay warm!
Mama Said


1 comment:
It looks so pretty & cozy. I can't wait to see the window. I love old windows hung for decor!!
Post a Comment