Our central heat and air installation started yesterday. I got a little nervous. I totally trust the guy who owns the business. I know he's a Christian. But he brought two younger guys to work with him. I had a few thoughts of oh my gosh, I'm all by myself, they could do anything to me, etc. Then, it hit me. I have on an old ratty t-shirt, sweat pants, and clogs with white socks with my hair pulled back in a barrette and no make-up on. I don't think these guys are wanting me. What a reality check! I think in my mind I picture myself the cute young thing I used to be in my low-cut tops and shorty shorts and I am so not that person anymore. I am officially middle-aged! And I definitely dress different than I did 10 years ago. It's so funny that my mind automatically thinks of myself as being so attractive. I wonder if I'll still do that later on in life. I can see myself being 70 and scared that some man will try something on me. Ha!
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


3 comments:
Oh my...are we middle aged? I'm hoping for longer than the 60s. :)
But, I guess there are some "perks" to being "past our prime" though. LOL!!
I kinda don't think our age is middle-aged since avg. life span is so much longer now. But, what the heck are we? I feel too old to be young adult. Maybe we're in no man's land like tweens except we'd be called twiddles! LOL!
Twiddles...I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment