Thursday, April 17, 2008

Funk

Man, I just can't really get into writing the past week. I think I'm in kind of a funk. I may explain later. Plus, BFG has spent the night with grandparents a couple of nights and I've been trying to get stuff done. I've got 3 projects partially complete laying out all over the house. It's kept me busy and down all at the same time. I hate looking around at unfinished stuff that I can't seem to get done. It makes me tired to look at it.

I think the theme of this month is going to be "Hostage" for us. Now, we've been held hostage for a few days by a rabid skunk in the area. And, of course, I had procrastinated about getting Milo the Superkitty's rabies shot. So, I've had to hold him hostage in the house. I never ever thought I would allow a cat in my house. But if Milo gets bit, we are all in danger. I finally got his shot today, but it takes 7 days to be effective. We haven't seen the skunk lately so I've let Milo back out. He was not happy inside. Just say quick prayer for us that he doesn't get rabies.

So, continuing my birthday story, on the Friday night after my birthday, Rhett and I had the night to ourselves to go out and celebrate my 30 years of existence. I wanted to go to a locally-owned place that is divine with lots of ambiance. It usually has huge lines out front waiting for it to open. I knew it was chancy, but my sister had been on a Friday night just a month before and had no wait at all. Actually, she was embarrassed because they had camped out at the door, made a mad dash to be the first ones, and no one was there. Anyway, we got there 10 minutes after they opened and it was already full. If you don't get in on the first seating, you have to wait at least an hour and a half. So, somehow we ended up at Shoney's. Whoopee. Shoney's for my 30th. Now, I'm not trying to say I'm too good for Shoney's. It's just not where I wanted to go. We did splurge for the Seafood Bar, which I haven't decided if that was a good move or not. The food was okay, but not great and we ended up paying as much as we would have a much nicer restaurant and that was with a $3.00 off coupon. The best part of this experience was having a waitress that has been in jail multiple times for drug possession although the pills weren't hers and because her fingerprints weren't on the pills she thankfully didn't lose her job at Shoney's. The good news is she hasn't been "out of control" with her drugs in a week and a half. The bad news is that she is still in high school and her mom doesn't care if she does drugs as long as she stays home when she does it. I am not kidding. This is a true story. She knew this old guy in the booth behind us or something and was updating him on everything. Then, we had a dilemma: Do you tip a known drug addict? You know what your money will be going toward. We tried to give as little as possible but was still acceptable. To top off our "big night out," Rhett let me go to Big Lots. Whoo-hoo! Yes, Jeff Foxwothy's voice is running through my head right now, "You might be a red-neck if . . . ." I guess I are one. LOL!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena