
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee's Milo!
We added to our family Monday night. Rhett sent me and Baby Farm Girl to the community mini-mart-gas-station-restaurant-movie-rental-hardware-store-holistic-medicine-storage-building-ATM-and I-think-they-even-sell-tires store (I'm telling ya' you can buy a pizza and a toilet all at the same time!) to get money out of the ATM to put a deposit down for the guy who is going to level our floors. While we are there, this orange kitty jumps up when it sees us and sticks to BFG like glue! I mean we could barely even walk it was so close to our feet. BFG was just giggling and so happy. And poor old cat was so skinny and has a big ol' battle scar on it's back where it been attacked at some point and the skin grew back and the fur didn't. I asked the clerks if it was a stray. They said yes, that someone had dumped it there and they were worried it would get run over 'cause it would run up to everyone and that I was welcome to take it. I did it. I can't believe I did it. I seriously do not like cats. I'm even allergic to them. There is only one cat I've ever met that I can say I really liked. They are just too crazy. But Milo was just so pitiful and very, very sweet. I feel like BFG will be safe with him. It was really just one of those things you are resigned to. As soon as I saw him next to the door at the market, I just knew down in my gut somehow, some way he would be going home with us. So, anyway, Milo got in the front seat and I strapped in BFG in the back. Then, Milo jumped in BFG's lap and curled up and rode home with us just as happy as can be. I just love him! He meows alot 'cause he just wants to be petted ALL the time. I'm sure that will eventually get on my nerves, but right now he's making me laugh. And we're keeping him outside so it shouldn't be too bad.
I guess the only bad thing is that Rhett's parents have an orange cat that BFG named Milo also. And that Milo is/was supposed to be coming to our house to be her pet sometime soon. Um, like maybe this weekend. Not sure how I'm gonna handle that yet. BFG still wants both. Rhett says they will fight if they are the same type cat. My niece really, really wants an orange cat too. Maybe we could share. But is next door too close? Oh, well. We'll figure it out.
Two Milos Too Deep,
Mama Said


1 comment:
I just love strays. They seem so appreciative!
Can't wait to see Milo.
Love, Mel
Post a Comment