Tuesday, April 8, 2008

NKOTB!!!!!!

Did you pass the test? If you immediately knew what those letters meant when you saw them, you are definitely around 30 yrs. old. I just read on MSN that New Kids on the Block are reuniting! And for some whacked out reason, this has me really excited! I had some sort of preteen adrenaline rush and hurriedly clicked on the picture to see what Jordan looked like now. Isn't that silly? And, come on, how old are they now? Can you really reunite as a "boy" band when you are 40? Nonetheless, I've got this bubble of excitement about it. Maybe it's just remembering the good ol' days. I remember arguing with my sister because we couldn't both like the same one the most. We had this same argument about The Dukes of Hazzard, too. My gracious sis usually bowed out and let me pick my favorite. Mine was Jordan. I remember my best friend's was Joey. But I can't remember my sister's. Who did you pick, Jac?

Moving on (Oh, do we have to?) . . . we had a looong weekend it seemed. I had to pass along some bad news to my very pregnant friend. That was hard. I feel so bad for her. (I hope you are doing okay, sweetie!) If I could have waited until after she had the baby, I would have. But the way circumstances were, I suppose God sent me as the messenger for this. I just pray I used the right words.

Then, we had to go to my cousin's wedding. Doesn't sound too bad, right? Well, last year, we attended my cousin's church and got hurt to the bone. So, at the wedding, we had to face basically the whole church. I had been dreading this thing for months and months. You know how you hear people talk about how they don't go to church anymore because of getting hurt by people at the church they were attending? I have always thought, well, that's no excuse, you are still supposed to go. (And I'm not trying to be sister-bertha-better-than-you. I've had times in my life where I did not attend church for absolutely no reason.) Well, now I understand why people say that. It is hard to be hurt that bad esp. by people who are not supposed to act that way. Your brothers and sisters in Christ should be supporting you and showing love and kindness. During that dark time, I even questioned myself, "Was I doing something wrong? Could I make this a better situation?" Looking back, I realize that it wasn't me. That particular church is a toxic atmosphere. I pray that the Lord shows them the err of their ways and that they can pull themselves out of this isolated, self-absorbency. I know the Lord taught me alot during that time. We are back at our old church now and happier than ever with it. We did take about a month off from attending anywhere just to heal and rest emotionally. But I encourage anyone who has been in this situation to step out and keep searching for the right church. There is no perfect church because we are all sinners. But there are churches where the members are striving to be like Christ and are seeking His will, not their own.
Wow! I went off on a tangent. So, the wedding was hard and ridiculous. There were a gazillion people so that made it a little easier. But I am so, so glad that it is over!!!!!! I am praying that now I can finally heal and not burn with hurt and anger when I reflect on that situation. I think dreading the wedding was keeping the hurt and anger alive in my heart.

The good thing about the weekend was that I just kept finding all these awesome deals at thrift stores!!! Whoo-hoo!! I'm hoping I can clean some stuff up and post pics of a couple of my finds later. But it's grocery day, so we'll see.

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to coupon I go!
Mama Said

1 comment:

Growing Hearts said...

I have no idea who my fave New Kid was! I think it WAS Jordan. Your memory is so much better than mine. Now, I know that I liked Luke Duke. What a cutie. :)

 

Made by Lena