We had a groovy winter storm this past weekend! The entire region was shut down. Of course, you have to remember that here in the ol' South, a half inch of snow shuts things down and closes schools. But, in our defense, I will say in the South you have to deal with ice which is pretty darn tootin' dangerous.
I just love it when everything is coated in ice! That is as long as no trees land on my house and no power lines go down.
Even Rocky Boy got into the snow action! Maybe we should have used him to pull Rhett's truck out of the ditch. Yup, he ran off the road right at our tiny town square about 3 miles away. Luckily, the post office was open so Rhett could use the phone since the ol' boy is anti-cell phone. Isn't it funny that the one who has no cell phone is the one who gets in the most predicaments?
If BFG had not gotten to build this snowman, I don't know what we would have done. The first day of snow, she didn't get to with Rhett in the ditch and all. We promised her the next day she'd get to build the snowman of her dreams. She was so excited she couldn't sleep! She even woke up at 2:00 am wide awake, discussing snowman accessories. She and I stayed up from 2:00 to 4:30 am talking, eating, and watching The Cosby Show. All in our bed of course. I'm sure Rhett was ready to kill us esp. after working 2nd shift all week. Hee hee!
Unfortunately, when we woke up the next morning, it was no longer 3 inches of snow---it was 3 inches of ice that had flattened the snow! BFG was so, so upset that she couldn't have her snowman. Praise the Lord that by the third day, the ice began to melt and was slushy enough to build her Snowgirl. She loves this thing, ya'll. Stood out in the yard dancing with it and whispering to it. She's already cried over the thoughts of Snowgirl melting.
Well, I've about layered and unlayered everyone til I could snap and made enough hot cocoa to make me puke. I love the snow, but I think I love it so much because it's usually melted by noon around here. We're on day 4 now and I'm over it.
Anxiously awaiting the meltdown,
Mama Said


No comments:
Post a Comment