Thursday, February 4, 2010

Post Op Visit

Well, I had my post-op visit with the fertility dr. on Tuesday. All the pathology reports were benign for anything cancerous and tested normal for what they were---the polyp and endometrioma on both ovaries. Yay! Praise the Lord! The pictures were gruesome! He took many more pics than my regular doc. The pics showed him puncturing the cysts and the brown liquid coming out. It was totally disgusting!

The doc seems to believe the surgery was a success (pending any further adhesions, of course). He seems to think our chances are much better at this point. He layed out a few options for us. Some that I didn't even know were options. He even suggested that we may want to try to conceive naturally for a little while. The next step treatment wise is either IUI cycles with Femara (which would be similar to Clomed) or IUI with injections to increase ovulation (which has a higher success rate and double the cost). Of course, IVF is an option (at their office) because we've been infertile for so long; but it's not really an option for us spiritually at this point. Being a Christian who believes each embryo that is created is a baby with a soul, there is so, so much to think about and I'm just not sure I could even deal with it. Even with the Femara and/or the injections there is so much to think about. We thought we were going to have a few months in which we were not allowed to even try to conceive. But the polyp situation turned out well and we are free to try immediately.

I don't know what to do. Part of me just wants to forget the whole thing and not try at all. Part of me wants to try naturally and try getting our bodies healthy like exercise and giving up coffee. Part of me want to go for it with the injections while we can before the endometriosis grows back. It's just so hard! I hate infertility! I hate being forced to make decisions that are beyond my human mind to make! Not to mention, I have a feeling this is the point where Rhett and I are going to be on totally different pages for the first time on this situation and I'm going to have to also work on making sure these decisions don't affect our marriage.
Struggling,
Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena