Here's a little "What If" scenario for you . . .
If you are driving home from your in-laws which is an hour and a half away and your five year old starts puking in the car right when you get to a small town that is a tad shady and you need to pull over, which of the following would you choose:
A) Turn in the same spot a drug-dealer-looking car in front of you is turning---which is a dark, unlit, and deserted parking lot.
B) Turn into Chili's parking lot which is crowded, but still dark. Not to mention, people are either going in to eat or coming out after having just eaten.
C) Turn into Wal-Mart.
I think any woman in America knows the obvious answer. Of course, Rhett chose the first two. Luckily, due to my screams of dismay, we didn't stop and get out at A or B. Okay, so I didn't say Wal-Mart to him specifically. I just said, "We need to pull over." But we were on the same street as Wal-Mart! I just don't get men. How can I create a plan of action and a list of items I can run in Wal-Mart and buy that would help the situation within 10 seconds of BFG starting to puke and a man has no clue? Doesn't that make sense? Wal-Mart is brightly lit, crowded enough to be safe, and has anything and everything we could possibly need to make the hour left we had to drive home. And why can't Rhett just read my mind? I love him dearly, but do I really have to say exactly what I mean all the time? LOL!
Due to the argument that followed, we ended up choosing D and gunning it home. Luckily, BFG barely had any on her clothes and immediately fell asleep after she puked. So, we zoomed along with pink puke all over the car and me gagging at the smell with my nose out the cracked window in 20 degree weather. When I would get too cold, I luckily had some smelly lotion I slathered on my hands to give me something to smell.
Good times, good times. As you can imagine, we had a fabulous Valentine's Day. (Wiping up the drips of sarcasm from that sentence.)
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment