I was just thinking this morning that I don't have all the funny "gone country" stories that I used to. I began thinking that we've settled in and are (dare I say it!) actually becoming country. Well, that thought was short lived when I pulled into the driveway 10 minutes later and discovered Rhett's latest escapade.
While I was at the grocery, Rhett was burning old wood and brush. He used three gallons of gas and could not get the fire going at all. Absolutely no fire. So, he took BFG inside to play. For whatever reason, he walked back out 30 minutes later and discovered that there was a fire. In fact, it somehow lit itself, escaped the fire pit, and burned part of our field. Whoops! Thank the Lord that He stopped it where He did and nothing was damaged! Just some grass and brush got burned up and it miraculously stopped right at the fence line.
***Ooops! I was wrong! It did burn up part of our fence and Rhett had to beat out the fire! But still, praise the Lord that it wasn't worse!
Hee, hee! Country lesson #347---If you pour 3 gallons of gas on a pile of old dry wood on a very windy dry day, you might want to stick around awhile and see what happens.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment