Thursday, January 28, 2010

Love Talk

So, after hearing the authors speak about this book on Focus on the Family, I decided this would be my next area of self-improvement---communication with Rhett. Of course, if I would read and apply the 30 self-help books on my bookshelf, this one may not be necessary. LOL!

So, I'm really excited about this book! I get it in the mail and skim through it and find a few points in it that are exactly like me and Rhett. It's really quite hilarious. So, since Rhett must be involved because I need someone to "love talk" with, I'm telling him about it in the car the other day. I go on and on about this "great new book" for about 15 minutes. Then, I decide to ask his opinion. Poor thing. I know he's thinking, great, she's gonna talk even more?

Me: So, what do you think? Do you think we have good communication?
Rhett: I think so. I use codes and signals and can pretty much get everything down to one word.

I am rolling laughing. I can barely drive I'm laughing so hard. Hello? That's the problem. There is a definite lack of communication here. You. Man. Me. Woman.

After I pull myself together, I say, Well, have you ever thought about wanting us to communicate better?
Rhett: Well, it hasn't exactly been one of my priorities.

No kidding. Oh, my dear, very manly Rhett! I love you! And because I love you, I may even wait til you're done with your big project at work before I make you love talk to me!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena