Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Crisis Cleaning


You know how some people have a crisis and the first thing they do is clean? It's like how they cope with the crisis or something. Well, that is so not me. When a crisis hits, I'm the type that goes for food or a nap.


I noticed today that for some unbeknownst reason all of our little crises around here require me to clean! And I hate it! It's the absolute last thing I have the time and energy for. And, it's not like just picking up a little. No, our mini-crises require every nook and cranny of the entire house to be scoured and disinfected.


Think about it . . . lead paint scare--scoured the house, mice---scoured the house and washed everything in my cupboards, pin worms scare--kept the house scoured, fleas--scoured the house and washed everything, more lead paint scares, more mice. . . . . See? I am just plumb worn out from scouring this darn house!


Now, the latest is Rocky the Magnificent Collie has ringworm. Not kidding. So, after another mad dash to the vet today, I had to scrub the house and start washing everything. For the next, oh I don't know how long, I have to treat Rocky with 3 different things including an ointment to put on 4 or 5 times a day, wipe down surfaces he touches with diluted bleach spray, wash his bedding, and keep his chew toys sterilized. Oh, and keep him away from BFG and the cat all the while waiting for symptoms to show up on them in 10 to 12 days. Plus, we have a friggin' cold front so I can't just throw him outside for the duration of this.


Okay, now I've got that out so maybe I can have a good night's rest on our brand new mattress!

Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena