Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just In Case You Ever Think You're A Reindeer . . .

Don't make your parents close their eyes while you gather their presents you're going to deliver. Don't put the said presents in the middle of the floor. And especially don't choose a metal cookie cutter as one of the presents. And don't run across to the room to "take off" to deliver the presents and make a flying leap. Seriously. It's a really bad idea. Just as BFG. BFG is now the Red-Toed Reindeer because she landed on the metal cookie cutter and sliced her pinkie toe in a "V" shape.

It was pretty ugly. I was so scared. It was bleeding so much that I couldn't tell if she had like severed her toe or what. I kept trying to look at it and would almost throw up and just put the rag back over it so I could calm down. I didn't even know she had the stupid cookie cutter in the floor because I "wasn't looking" trying to play along with her "game".

It's not too bad. I mean it's bad, but not go-to-the-hospital bad. She's gonna be sore for awhile, but she's still got all her digits attached. Praise the Lord! It really could have been a lot worse.

And just in case you are a mom who does not pretend to be a reindeer and instead you take care of hurt ones, here's my lesson learned. Well, besides that it might be a good idea to keep your eyes open at all times. I knew there was a lot of blood and when Rhett got her to the bathroom, somehow out of nowhere I remembered some tip I'd read about using a dark or red bath cloth so that the child can't see the blood and freak out. I think it's a great idea 'cause BFG was freaking out at the blood. Of course, she could see the trail she left on the floor. But the downside with the red cloth was that I couldn't see how much she was bleeding and that kept me from being able to analyze the situation and made me freak out more. Just something to think about . . .

Still feeling a little nauseous,
Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena