Okay, ya'll, remember my Happy Quest? Well, I'm still working on it, but it is hard, hard, hard! Two steps forward and one step back and all that (okay, more like one step forward and two steps back). Anyway, remember one of my goals was to go to every doctor possible and confront all my pain and physical problems head on and try to get better?
1) I cannot tell you how glad I am to have done this because right now we have a $250 deductible and starting in January we will have a $2,500 on each of us. So, I've saved us a over 2 thousand dollars.
2) However, the more doctors I go to, the more doctors I'm sent to, and the more things they find wrong with me. I told Rhett the reason he's so healthy is 'cause he never goes to the doctor. It is insane how much is wrong with me! I cringe to even mention anything to friends and family 'cause they're like "What is it this time?" I know everyone thinks I'm crazy and I feel crazy. And I probably am. I'm sure the doctors will find that out too. I've just been trying to keep it quiet from them.
So, I had a doctor's visit last week that was one of the most embarrassing visits I've ever had while being fully clothed. I made the mistake of telling my dentist about how my front teeth hurt alot. Now, ya'll, I know I'm clenching my teeth and that's what causes the pain. But my dentist decides that is not it, takes a full head x-ray, says I may have a sinus polyp, and sends it to an oral surgeon to check it out. I have had so many x-rays in the past year that I am probably radio active. The oral surgeon says it's not a polyp but it looks like my sinus bones are deviated or something crazy. What?!?! Are you kidding me? My dentist says to go see an ear, nose, and throat specialist.
So, I go although I'm totally convinced that I don't need to be there. Well, they get a very thorough history, which was the embarrassing part. Here's how it went with the nurse:
Nurse: Oh, you're allergic to this, this, AND that? Wow!
Nurse: Have you had any surg---Oh, wow! Have you had surgeries!!!!
I had to go into all my surgeries. Keep in mind 3 of them were within the past year.
Nurse: So, you're basically healthy.
Me: Well, yeah I guess except for my neck and stuff.
Nurse: What's wrong with them?
So I had to go into all that.
Nurse: So, you aren't seeing any doctor on a regular basis?
Me: Well, yeah. The podiatrist.
Nurse: What's wrong with your feet?
I had to go into all that.
This kept going. I was trying to not lay it all out for her, but the way she asked the questions it all just kept coming out.
Ya'll, I felt like a FREAK! I am only 30!!!!! And I just listed like 20 things that were wrong with me. The doc comes in and I have to go through it ALL again. By that time, I'm almost in tears 'cause I know they think I'm a hypochondriac. I have a distinct feeling my file was marked "Difficult" like that Seinfeld episode where Elaine's file gets marked.
And guess what? There was absolutely nothing wrong with my sinuses. The ENT doc didn't even think my x-ray looked abnormal. I am praising the Lord that I didn't have what my dentist thought. I just knew I shouldn't have been there.
Oh, but never fear. He found something else wrong with me. My uvula. That's right. That thing that hangs down in the back of your throat. Yeah, mine's messed up. My palette is very long and it hangs in the wrong place. So, the doc thinks I may need a sleep study to make sure I don't have sleep apnea from it 'cause I could have disturbed sleep and that causes me to clench my teeth. I just seriously doubt it. I don't even snore. I don't sleep 'cause I'm crazy and can't turn my brain off at bedtime and I sleep too late in the mornings. I went back to my dentist yesterday to have a cavity filled ( the first one in like 20 years) and he said the uvula answer sounded like the doc just didn't know what was wrong with me. But face it, my dentist didn't either and he got it totally wrong. I'm just going with my gut on this one and gonna just live with my whacked out uvula and drink my sleepytime tea.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


1 comment:
You really should have talked about all the "sounds" the doctor was making! And how you diagnosed Rhett from the sounds the Dr. was making! LOL!!!!
Post a Comment