Oh, I forgot to put this little added story to my jazzercise diva post and I think it's too funny to miss out on.
Much to my disappointment, Rhett did not dress up this year. His mullet wig from last year would have been great! But, even better, my brother-in-law came up with the idea of Rhett being Richard Simmons. Now, Rhett is a big, really tall guy so the thoughts of this has me rolling on the floor. Now, ol' Rhett can be pretty wild sometimes in yelling out embarrassing stuff and so forth. But he draws the line at dressing like Richard Simmons. No shorty shorts for him no matter how funny it would be.
So, I'm telling the idea to his mom on the phone. And she starts dying laughing saying, "Did I ever tell you when his dad met Richard Simmons?" No, she hadn't!!!!! "Well, he doesn't really like to talk about it," she said. Now, keep in mind for those of you that know us, Rhett's dad is just like Rhett except he's shorter, is really into cars, and dresses spiffier.
Here's the story:
About 10 years ago, my mother-in-law's sister passed away. Shortly after that, there was a women's show that is a huge deal in our area. My MIL asked my FIL to take her to help cheer her up and get her mind off of her grief. He obliged and they went. They were standing in a crowd of oh, I don't know maybe thousands of women watching Richard Simmons on stage. I am not kidding, Richard Simmons gets Rhett's dad up on stage!!! He got four or so other men, too and made them have an exercise dance contest!!!! My MIL said that Richard had them shaking ALL parts of the body if ya' know what I mean. Unfortunately, my FIL did not win the contest. But, my MIL said that she laughed and laughed until she cried. I say the good Lord knew she needed a chuckle after all she went through with her sister's death and I'd say the Lord was laughing, too. I know I am!
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


1 comment:
Your Jazzercise Diva was cracking me up, but anyone dressing like Richard Simmons is just WRONG! Though I would love to see it. I'm sick that way.
Thanks for stopping by Just For Fun today:) I hope to see you again.
Post a Comment