Monday, November 3, 2008

Jazzercise Diva



Isn't this hilarious? Yup, it's me. The Jazzercise Diva for Halloween this year. I know those of you who know me personally are rolling on the floor right now. My sister did every time she looked at me.

The best part is that these are authentic 1980's leotards and stirrup tights bought brand new this past summer! I bought this get up at a store in my parent's hometown that only puts things on sale every 20-30 years. I am not kidding. About 20 years ago, we bought a bunch of stuff from the 60's there. Now, we're onto the 80's. Anyway, each piece was only a quarter. I bought two leotards because I thought well, I'll wear the long-sleeved one if it's cold or the sleeveless one if it's hot. You never know down in the South what Halloween will be like. But it turned out that the 80s ladies were very, very brave and I had to layer both of them to try to keep myself covered up. I tell ya' what though, it wouldn't be a bad idea if this was still in style. That costume compressed every loose inch on me. This ol' bod hasn't looked that good in years!

Oh, and my leg warmers are homemade! I know they are back in style and I even went to Target to buy some I saw in their ad. But I just couldn't bring myself to spend $6.00 on a pair that I knew I wouldn't wear again. Plus, the leg warmers of today are just not the same as what we wore. That sounds dumb. But they are just different and no where near as cool. So, I cut the tops off of 4 of Rhett's tube socks (the ones with holes that I save to dust with) and placed them in a container of water mixed with Stampin' Up! ink, let them soak it up, and dried them in the dryer. I was pretty pleased. If you try this, just note that I think when you wash them, the ink will wash out.

Mama Said

5 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, great costume!

Anonymous said...

You are one HOT Mama! You look great!

Love ya,
Casi

Melissa said...

HILLARIOUS!!!! ROTFL right now!! I think I'll make this my desktop image. Ha, ha!! You go girl!

But I have to know...what did Rhett go as? Did he bring out the 80's mullet again this year?

Growing Hearts said...

I'm still rolling.....

:D

Jacquelyn

Blogger said...

That's an hilarious costume, I remember those days! lol

You know...they still sell brand new telephone benches, I have seen them online at www.homedecorators.com (I think that is the address)...but they are close to $200 on there...but, brand new and different styles to choose from....you do have to put them together yourself though...but we have bought ALOT of build it yourself furniture lately and with 2 people, it's usually a pretty easy task.

I hope you find one someday, I really love this little chair :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes, too.

Have a wonderful day,
Bella

 

Made by Lena