Yea! Our vacation is almost here! We leave on Saturday for a week of sun and fun and one day @ Disney! Reality check: Hurricane Hannah is headed right to our vacation destination and with mine and Rhett's vacation record---it will probably rain the entire time we are there. I'm hopeful it will hit and move on before we get there. But I'm tellin' ya do not be surprised if they have to evacuate Florida on Friday and we miss our entire trip. But I'm carrying on with the vacation planning. This is probably my favorite part anyway. I love to plan what to pack, what has to be done before we leave, what we are going to do in the car, where we are going to eat on the trip, what activities are we going to do, what toys to take to keep BFG occupied while we lounge around, etc. I LOVE planning! It never works out the way I plan and then I get mad. But C'est le vie! (sp?) And the more I plan, the more I pack which makes Rhett an unhappy hubby. In his mind, we could all make it through the entire trip as long as we each had our swimsuits and a white T-shirt. I'm serious. If I said, "Everyone, put on their swimsuits and a white T-shirt. We're leaving.", Rhett would be so, so happy and would leave for our trip that way. Honest truth. No kidding. He started in on me weeks ago about what I didn't need to take and what we could get by with. He does it in a jokey, hint-hint nice way. But I know what he really means. But, no one worry. I usually win this one (minus a float or beach chair unless I supervise the packing of the car). Of course, now we only have ONE beach chair, HIS, because MINE is now lying in a ditch somewhere because Rhett used it to weigh down a tarp covering the truck bed and of course once we hit oh say 15 mph, the beach chair flew OFF never to be seen again despite prolonged searching! But that's another story and I'm over it. No hard feelings. I hope whoever snatched it from the side of the road before we could get back home to look for it is having fun sitting in it considering we live no where near the beach. And I hope Rhett has fun sitting in the sand this year.
Anyway, I am having a really tough time deciding on whether or not to bring BFG's big stroller. Our umbrella stroller is not worth bringing. I hate it. I think I'll put up a survey and y'all weigh in for me. Here's the details: BFG is a few months shy of being 4 yrs. old. The big stroller will take up half of the backseat. We can rent one the day we are at Disney. The town we are visiting has trolleys in the sightseeing district, but the pricey tickets are only good for 3 days out of the 7 we'll be there. We should spend more time at the beach than walking around, shouldn't we? There may be a hurricane in which we will not be walking around outside, but may have more inside walking around if we go to malls, museums, etc. The more she walks, the more she naps, maybe?
Please help! And pray Hannah will hurry up and get over with or even better break up and never hit!!!!
Mama Said


1 comment:
I vote for not taking any stroller. Like you said, you can rent one at Disney. And if you go to a mall, you should be able to rent one there. Heck, if you get down there and decide you need one, go to Wal-Mart and buy a cheap umbrella stroller! You could even leave it when you come home! :) That's just my 2 cents. But you how I am - less is more!
Post a Comment