Hancock's had there Costume Creations fabric 50% and I bought a yard each of three fabrics for BFG to dress up in! No sewing, no gimmicks, cheaper than cheap-made-in-china-costumes, endless hours of imaginative play, multiple uses---dresses, skirts, capes, wedding veils, mermaid tails, etc. and/or tablecloths, curtains, just plain ol' decoration.

BFG (oh, I'm sorry), Cinderella (that's all I've been allowed to call her for the past month or so) has really been into her stuffed birds "making" a dress for her to wear to the ball just like in the movie Cinderella. So, she was thrilled beyond belief to have this material for her creations. Even my 7 yr. old niece has had a ball playing with them. Okay, even I've had fun. The fabric is so pretty!
I don't know if it's still on sale or not, but this is the time of year places put it on sale. And I think this would work for boys, too. You can get a satiny black or blue for Superman and Batman capes or furry animal fabric or shiny silver to be robots or Transformers. Oh, and so far it hasn't unraveled. I didn't do a thing to it. But if you have an unraveling fabric, you can trim the edges with pinking shears or even turn over the edges with a glue gun.
Have fun!
Mama Said


1 comment:
LOL!!! What a cute picture!!
Shealynn
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5114995
Post a Comment