Yup, that's right. Our vacation is officially cancelled. Praise the Lord that they did refund all of our money due to the weather. But this has been a miserable past few days trying to figure out Ike. There has been tears, yelling, threats---all done by me. The Happy Quest didn't hold through on this for me.
I am so, so upset. I just wish we had not told BFG we were going to Disney until we were in the car on the way. Plus, this was our first vacation in three years where Rhett was not in school and doing online schoolwork. Not to mention that last year, I had this freak surgery and was not allowed to get in the water or even sit in the sand. I know I sound like a spoiled brat and should be grateful we get a vacation at all. And I'm sorry for that. It's just really hard looking at my precious baby girl's face and telling her that her dreams aren't coming true after we've talked it up for the past couple of weeks.
The whole thing is just ridiculous. I've run myself ragged to get an ocean-themed lapbook done with BFG and now we aren't even going. We are still toying with the idea of just running down to Disney for two days and coming back before it hits. But I'm really scared of getting stuck on the interstate for days trying to get out. Aaaaaaagggghhhhh! I just wish I knew what to do. This is the absolutely only time Rhett can get off probably for the next 6 months. So, it's do-or-die.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


1 comment:
I am so sorry for your last minute cancellation. I know how upsetting that must be. What about a spur-of the moment change in destination altogether? Honestly...I haven't a clue about the hurricanes...that's how out of the loop with current news I am at the moment. But, what about something inland & non beachy?
Post a Comment